Baked Brie with Summer Berry Compote
Fresh seasonal berries simmer in Very Berry Bomba to make a deep-flavoured compote for creamy warm Brie. This makes an excellent appetizer for any gathering.
Tip - If you want to save time or if fresh berries are unavailable, use a frozen berry mix.
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 oz)
- Brie cheese
- Girls’ Night Out Very Berry Bomba
Summer Berry Compote
Tip - For forzen berries use a 4-field berry mix or berry-cherry blend. Use berries from frozen; don’t thaw first.
- 1 cup mixed berries (such as blackberries and blueberries)
- 1 cup pitted black cherries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup Girls’ Night Out Very Berry Bomba
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- ½ tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Summer Berry Compote: In saucepan set over medium heat, combine berries, cherries, Very Berry Bomba, honey and orange zest. Bring to boil; simmer, stirring, for about 10 minutes or until berries are softened. Stir cornstarch with cold water until dissolved. Stir into berry compote and simmer for about 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Brush baguette slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in single layer on baking sheet; bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool.
- Place Brie on oven-safe baking platter or dish. Bake in 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until Brie is softened. Spoon berry compote over Brie; serve with toasted baguette slices.