Baked Goat Cheese Dip
Instead of serving wine with a classic cheese tray, serve this decadent warm cheese dip with Hopetown Sauvignon Blanc VQA for the perfect appetizer pairing.
Hopetown Sauvignon Blanc VQA
- 1/2 head garlic, unpeeled
- 3 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch (6 oz/175 g) cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt, divided
- 8 oz (250 g) plain brick-style cream cheese
- 6 oz (175 g) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- Crackers and fresh baguette slices, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Slice off tip from head of garlic just enough to reveal cloves. Drizzle with half of the oil and wrap in foil; roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until garlic is tender. Let cool enough to handle; squeeze out garlic from cloves. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, on baking sheet, toss cherry tomatoes with remaining oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt; set aside. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tomatoes are lightly charred and tender; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and goat cheese until smooth. Beat in Parmesan, roasted garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) thyme, and remaining salt and red pepper flakes until blended. Spread into small greased 2-cup (500 mL) baking dish.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400°F (200°C). Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Garnish with roasted tomatoes and remaining thyme. Serve with crackers and baguette slices for dipping.
Tip: Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes and black olives