Tip - you can use this recipe as an appetizer or a main course
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 pkg (450 g) puff pastry, thawed but cold
- 2 ripe peaches, cored, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 2 oz (60 g) Brie cheese, diced
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Peach, Caramelized Onion & Brie Puff Pastry Tart
- Appetizer or main course
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add onions and sprinkle with salt. Cook, stirring, for 15 to 20 minutes or until onions are tender and caramelized; let cool.
- On lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Prick all over with fork; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread onions over top of pastry, leaving 2-inch (5 cm) border all around.
- In bowl, toss together peaches, sugar and cornstarch; arrange over top of onions. Scatter Brie over peaches; place thyme on top.
- Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden, peaches are tender and juices are bubbling.