Seared Halibut Fillets with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Serves : 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, whole and unpeeled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted blanched almonds
- 2 tsp (10 mL) red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 4 halibut fillets (each about 6 oz/175 g)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Cooked Basmati rice
- Steamed asparagus
- Red Peppers
- Place peppers and garlic cloves on foil-lined baking sheet; drizzle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil. Roast in 375°F (190°C) oven for 30 minutes or until tender. Let cool; squeeze garlic from skins.
- Place roasted peppers and garlic, almonds, vinegar, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt in food processor; purée until mixture is well blended and thickened.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle halibut with remaining salt and pepper. In skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; sear fillets for 2 minutes per side or until golden and skin is crisp.
- Transfer to parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve fillets with roasted pepper sauce over Basmati rice with steamed asparagus.