Sizzling Shrimp Skillet Appetizer
Colio Estate Winery Reserve Merlot 2020
- 1 lb (16/20 count) raw shrimp, tails on, deveined
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Colio Estate Winery Reserve Merlot 2020
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Red Peppers
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In small cast iron skillet, heat oil; sauté tomatoes, red pepper, hot pepper flakes (if using) and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture becomes saucy.
- Add Colio Estate Winery Reserve Merlot 2020 wine to skillet; bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to skillet; sauté for 2 or 3 minutes or until pink and opaque.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve in skillet with crusty bread.